On Monday night, all 4 RLAH offices combined for one epic Holiday Party at Barcelona Wine Bar in Cathedral Heights. The event was filled with tasty treats, delicious drinks and lots of laughs. What we call the ‘StaRLAH’s’ is our parody on annual awards ceremonies. Most of the awards have no real estate significance and are related more to culture. While some awards were goofy and others were sincere, in the end, our winners all took home the same plastic trophy. From staff and agents to significant others and spouses, the RLAH family came out in full force and the vibe was positively perfect!
Wednesday night was the quarterly Real Living at Home Elite Happy Hour honoring the top-producing agents among all four RLAH offices. To qualify, an agent must have 7 closings, 7 listings or a combination of both per quarter. The other way to qualify is for an agent to earn $3 million+ in total sales volume for the quarter. While some of these are lofty goals for agents starting out, all new agents are invited to their first happy hour to mingle and spend time with those who paved the way ahead of them at RLAH.
…and of course the office staff is always invited because, well, they have to leave the office at some point or another.
There was food, there was drinks and there was almost too much laughing. A happy hour with the Real Living at Home folks always proves to be a fun and relaxing way to celebrate past successes and motivate toward even more of them.
RLAH MEDIA TEAM: COFFEE ADVICE
Like most people, if we don’t have coffee in the mornings… you won’t want to be around us. Stopping to get the perfect cup of coffee on our way to work is crucial in order for the RLAH media team to function. Here is a list of some of our favorite places to stop for coffee and get our productive day started!
MEDIA TEAM WITHOUT COFFEE:
MEDIA TEAM WITH COFFEE
- BAKED AND WIRED Is located in Georgetown: We’re going to say this right away, B&W is the bomb! If you want the best cupcakes and coffee in DC, stop here on your way to work or for an afternoon pick me up. Some of our favorites are; the freshly brewed coffee with a splash of Trickling Springs milk, the “Unporked Elvis”, vegan Oreo cupcake and the carrot cake cupcake!
- COMPASS COFFEE Is located at 1535 7th St. NW: Usually, this place is pretty packed in the mornings and weekends so prepare for a little line! We are all huge coffee/latte snobs and this place has THE BEST maple latte. It’s worth the wait. We always order the coffee cake or croissant to go along with it!
- UN JE NE SAIS QUOI Is located in Dupont Circle: One of us stops here AT LEAST three times a week for a double shot cappuccino and delicious pastries. One of our agents introduced us to this place and when he heard none of us had ever had a merveilleux before, it was game over! Now we’re all addicted. This place is a must try. You won’t be disappointed!
- DOLCEZZA Is located in Dupont Circle and many other locations around the city: This place has two of the media teams favorite things: amazing coffee and homemade gelato. What more could you ask for?! Next time you stop here make sure to get an expresso with coffee or Thai coconut milk gelato!
- BAYOU BAKERY, COFFEE BAR & EATERY Is located at 1515 N Courthouse Road Arlington, VA: This place is a unique bakery with charismatic New Orleans style! They offer a wide variety of New Orleans style coffee drinks; including our team’s recent craze… THE CAJUN LATTE as well as beignets, scones, spiced pecans and a great happy hour!
- TRYST ls located in Adams Morgan: Tryst gives off a fun hipster vibe as soon as you walk in. When we’re in the area this place is great to grab a coffee and a bite to eat. Tryst has comfy couches, live music and free wifi that welcomes you to relax and stay a while. They even serve Animals Crackers to snack on… A MEDIA TEAM FAVORITE! Our top things to order are; Latte & Animal Crackers, spinach frittata, Cuban Coffee, Dragons Well and the Matcha Green Tea Latte.